Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sitting in the Back of Cop Cars, Basketball, Dogs, and Airports

Today was the last day of the spring pass riding at Timberline Lodge at Mt. Hood, which means my last day of the season. I rode the half pipe all day, got some sweet shots, and it was a great season ender. 100 days of riding in my 08/09 season, not bad. After shredding Max, Jo, and I headed up to Govy with our new house puppy... Ziggy. We ended up playing a couple games of Basketball, Horse, and Around the World. Jo and I played the first game, and of coarse I won. Then Max challenged me, and he one by two, which made me very sad!

Later that night Jo and I had to drive into Portland to pick up Adrianne from the airport. Her flight landed at 12:30 AM. So we left our house at 11:40 PM, Adrianne's car was on E, so I offered to take my car because it actually had gas. Jo refused and said: "We'll just get gas down the way..." Little did we know that EVERY gas station on Hwy 26 closes at 6 PM! We went a few miles down the way, to find that every gas station also turns off their pumps. Instead of turning back to get my car... we continued on towards Sandy Oregon, which was about 10 miles away from where we were. I estimated we could go about ten miles. Right as the Subaru ran out of gas, we made it to the top of a hill, and I remembered that we were about a mile a way from a gas station just outside of Sandy, Sandy was only about a mile away. We decided to walk to it and get some gas. BAD IDEA! : Midnight... Pitch black... We happened to be wearing ALL BLACK... No lights... In the middle of the woods... In the middle of NO WHERE... No gas tank... No sidewalk... GREAT IDEA!!! We tried to hitch hike, but every car probably thought we were going to kill them, so they never stopped. At one point Jo didn't want to walk on the side of the highway any more so she hoped over the guardrail as I tried to flag down a passing car. As the car came by Jo was very visibly crouched down behind the guardrail because she tripped or something, I could only imagine what the passing by driver thought - "MURDERERS! DON'T STOP!"

Finally we reached the gas station, in which was closed as well... three gas stations had been closed. We figured, if it came down to it we would dig through a dumpster to find a milk carton, or a liter of cola and fill that up with gasoline (VERY BAD IDEA, DO NOT TRY AT HOME). Lucky before we were reduced to that horrible, and I MEAN HORRIBLE idea... a cop pulls into the gas station, and asks "Is that your car back there?" So he gave us a ride into Sandy, where we had to buy not a small two gallon gas tank, but a GIANT 6 gallon one... this thing is the size of my chest... Filled it up, and the cop gave us a ride back to the car. This being my first time ever in a cop car, and Jo's second... this time she had pants on, thank god. Looking back at my cop car experience... all I have to say is the seats were cool!! The entire ride back to the car Jo and I just talked about how cool the seats were, even though they were horribly uncomfortable. The seats have elbow holes, and a cut out for your hands with hand cuffs.

Quotes:

As I was filling up the car with the gas I said: "I need the light to find the hole... That's not the first time I've said that..."

After we filled up the car and were finally driving to the airport, and we decided to listen to some happy music, so Jo started to bump "What Is Love? Baby Don't Hurt me... No more..." Jo said: "OREGON!!! Your not boring tonight MOTHERFUCKA!!!!" - Referring to the town Boring Oregon.

Finally we got Adrianne, and we are all stoked to have her back in the house!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment