Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Greece...

I am in Greece and I have had one hell of an adventure getting over here! Flight out of Portland at 1:15 Pm, into Frankfurt at 8:30 Am the next morning, where I then had a ten hour layover of just sitting in the airport. I couldn't sleep, all I did was drink coffee, lots of coffe and read, I tried to talk to a few people, but no one would have any of it. I guess I didnt really fit in with my skin tight jeans, long black hair, and bright blue V-neck T. Finally I fly into Athens, which by the way was only a 2 hour and 50 min. flight but I was called an asshole for asking the man next to me if he minded that i went by him to go pee... what a jerk, I got yelled at by a German Rastafarian for accidently taking his water cup while he was peeing... its ok tho, i made it up to him by giving him my chocolate cake. On the way to meet Kari in Athens next to the Acroplis, i got lost a number of times, ended up just taking a cap, and i was litterally almost where I needed to be! Had a beer at like 1 Am in Athens, and called it a morning. Jetlagged as crap the next day I explored the Acroplis and got some nice shots, then that afternoon Kari and I hopped on a Ferry for the island of Santorini. We got into Santorini at 1 Am, where we set up camp (two towells, one TINY blanket, a few t-shirts as pillows and fell asleep in the ferry waiting room, which had smelly dogs, and AC that was blowing like 50 degrees! The next morning we got on the ferry to Ios, and finally got to get to the beach and go out to the bars!

I will post more info later with pictures, but as of right now, Greek internet sucks, and I have to pay for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment